In RTB’s creation model, Genesis 1:2 describes the origin of life on Earth. Thus, we expect that life arose early in Earth’s history and persisted under hostile conditions. Additionally, this first life should appear quickly and exhibit complexity.
From 4.5 to 3.8 billion years ago, an unusually large number of comets and asteroids bombarded Earth’s surface—particularly toward the end of this period. Many of these collisions would have liquefied the crust hundreds of meters deep, nearly (if not completely) sterilizing the planet. The scientific data shows an abundance of life right after the intense bombardment ceased—in the absence of any evidence for a prebiotic or primordial soup. Multiple lines of evidences also indicate a high level of complexity for this first life.
While evolutionary models strain to accommodate this scientific data—and also struggle to explain how life can originate from non-life (called abiogenesis)—the evidence affirms RTB’s creation model.
Featured Articles –
- Evolution vs Biblical Creation Predictions
- No Prebiotic Soup for You!
- New Evidence for Ancient Life on Earth
- Problems Explaining Homochirality
Featured Podcasts –
The term “multiverse” carries many different meanings and anyone discussing the scientific research about the multiverse should understand these distinctions. Currently the most popular versions of the multiverse suggest universes entirely separate (with different physical laws) from ours. These may form as a consequence of inflation that operated early in our universe, or they may result from quantum mechanical processes. Two things remain clear: our universe shows overwhelming evidence of a beginning and exhibits compelling evidence of fine-tuning for life. Whether the multiverse exists or not, research into this fascinating topic has made the case for a Beginner and a Designer of the universe more robust.
Featured Articles –
- Multiverse Musings: Requirements for a Naturalist Worldview
- Multiverse Musings: Introduction
- Multiverse Musings: A Matter of Faith?
- Multiverse Musings: Is it God or the Multiverse?
Featured Podcast –
- Possible Glimpse before Big Bang
- Freaky Physics Proves Parallel Universes Exist
- Laws of Physics May Vary throughout Universe
Featured Resource –